Do you love photographing your pet? Do you want to refine your skills as a pet photographer? Do you have a deep love for animals and want to tell their stories through photography? Then, this workshop is for you!
Learn to capture the heart and essence of man's best friend on this half day, hands - on candid and portrait pet photography workshop.
Dog Models Included!
What Will Be Covered In Our Class
- Outdoor candids. Learn how to catch your dog at the most photogenic moment. Catch those moments when your dog/pet is just being themselves.
- Action shots. We will bring some fun equipment to help catch those exciting action moments.
- Outdoor Portraits. We will spend time focusing on posing and setting up to utilize the natural light of the day / moment.
In Addition - We Will Also Cover
- Camera and Lens selection. We will go over the best focal lengths as well as the need for different focal lengths dependent on your cameras ability.
- Composition and angles. We will go over setting up to ensure you get the best complete image. Shooting low and high, rule of thirds and just being creative with what is available.
- Pet Cooperation. We will also discuss and show how to get the most out of our dog model and what incentives will help in the process of pet cooperation.
What You Will Need To Bring
- A DSLR with a full battery and extra battery if you have it.
- Empty memory card
- A working understanding of how to use your camera and its settings.
- Any lenses or accessories you want to use.
- A handheld reflector if you have one.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes that you don’t mind getting a little slobbery.
Class Offered This Summer:
We offer a 4 hours class in a group setting at Vista Park In The Banning Lewis Ranch Community, 8833 Vista Del Pico Blvd., Colorado Spring, Colorado.
Saturday, August 10th, 2019 @ 9am - 1pm
We Also Offer:
Pet Photography One-On-One Mentorships
Mentorship is perfect for the photographer who wants a more hands-on, individual experience.
Need help post-processing your four-legged friend's images?
Check out our Lightroom and Photoshop courses we offer.
Meet Your Instructor - Christopher Vogt
Chris has been training dogs for 15 years; he has trained extensively in Obedience, Service, Scent, and Agility.
For the past three years he has been taking candid and portrait images for his clients to help them preserve those special moments.
All Images On This Page Were Taken By ©Chris Vogt